Saturday, November 7, 2009

I have a ticket from Raleigh to London via New York. Can I go out into New York city

I have a ticket from Raleigh to London via New York. Can I go out into New York city?
I have an air ticket from London to Raligh via New York and back. On my retrun journey, I arrive at New York about 10 am in the morning and my connection is only after 8 pm. Can I go out of the airport and return back for the connecting flight? Is this accpetale or should I have to stay inside the airport all day as I have checked in for the entire journey? Thanks
Other - United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have a 10-hour layover you can leave the airport in between flights. Which airport (Laguardia, JFK, or Newark) are you going to be flying through (I assume JFK)? From JFK you could get into the City for a few hours, just make sure you are back in plenty of time to make it through security.
2 :
Definitely get out and explore NYC . If you are landing at JFK the fastest way will take you about 45 minutes to get into Manhattan. AirTrain to the Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station or Flatbush Ave Brooklyn and then subways to where you need to go . Buy an all day MetraCard for $7.00. If you plan on doing it that way check all your luggage thru to London and only carry a small backpack bc you will not be able to store a carry-on anywhere in the airport or train stations Have fun & enjoy NYC

Search News