Sunday, June 14, 2009

How much would it cost to change the date of your return flight if you are flying on three different airlines

How much would it cost to change the date of your return flight if you are flying on three different airlines?
I am booked on an $1849 roundtrip flight from Raleigh, NC to Chisinau, Moldova. I'm sitting here in Chisinau with about a month left till my return flight. I have become quite homesick lately and desperately need to return to civilization lol. I've heard that there is a $150 fee to change a United Flight. But does that apply to all of your flights or just one? Also, I do have a bit of a problem here. I got two stopovers and I booked all of my flights on three separate carriers (I'm an idiot :P.) I have an Air Moldova flight from Chisinau, Moldova to Frankfurt, Germany. Then I have a Lufthansa flight (I believe it also operates under United but the plane is a Lufthansa A330) from Frankfurt to Washington Dulles. Finally I have a United Flight from DC to Raleigh, NC. Would it be possible for me to change the return date to say.. a week from now? How much would it cost (approximately.) A note to add: I have an E-Ticket and am a 14 year-old unaccompanied minor. The ticket was booked on CheapoAir.com and the person who used their credit card (my mom) is still in the US. The ticket was a bit overpriced because of a 600 dollar tax (wth) but without tax, the tickets were underpriced by about 100 bucks. Thank you.
Air Travel - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sorry, but the only way to actually find out how much the total cost would be is to contact the various airlines. If they are really 3 totally separate tickets, then you will pay 3 change fees. If it is actually just 1 ticket that happens to use 3 carriers, then you may not have to pay 3 change fees. You might want to start by contacting CheapoAir to see what they can do for you (probably not much - but I don't know). If may come down to the separate airlines. From a payment point of view, it would probably be best if the person with the credit card actually made the changes when you and your mom figure out if you want to pay the fees and what the new flight date will be.

Search News