Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Raleigh to Las Vegas tickets-- are they usually this expensive

Raleigh to Las Vegas tickets-- are they usually this expensive?
I subscribe to a number of flight deals emails and glance through them occasionally, and I've often seen flights from RDU (Raleigh-Durham) to Las Vegas for about $200-250. Of course, now I have the opportunity to go to Las Vegas in a few weekends, and the tickets I can find from Raleigh, Greensboro and Charlotte are all about $450 to $500 roundtrip to Las Vegas. All of these are with a stop except Southwest from Raleigh. (This is July 30th or 31st to August 3rd or 4th). Looking at this site and others, it seems this is a very high price for these tickets. Is it just because it's a weekend? Is it because I missed Southwest's fare sale a few days ago (I don't even know if these tickets were on it)? Is it because of Defcon that weekend in Las Vegas? Or is this the usual price to pay now for a flight to LAS from North Carolina?
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to Priceline.com, they usually have really good deals.
2 :
I am searching CheapTickets.com for a flight on July 30 to August 4 from Greensboro to Las Vegas via Houston on Continental Airlines, and the price for one adult with taxes is $408.49. That is probably the price you are going to get, so I would go ahead and book it. !!!!**On Southwest Airlines for the same itinerary from Raleigh with taxes for one adult, I found one for $337.20**!!!!! Trip Date Day Stops Routing Flight Routing Details Depart Jul 30 Thu Nonstop RDU-LAS 112 Depart Raleigh (RDU) at 2:40 PM Arrive in Las Vegas (LAS) at 4:35 PM Return Aug 04 Tue Nonstop LAS-RDU 1740 Depart Las Vegas (LAS) at 3:30 PM Arrive in Raleigh (RDU) at 11:10 PM

Search News