Friday, January 14, 2011

What are the process of going through Detroit Metro airport. This is my first international trip alone.

What are the process of going through Detroit Metro airport. This is my first international trip alone.?
Hello, I just booked a flight from US to Philippines and back.I will be flying from Raleigh to Detroit to Manila. My connecting flights are tight. I will arrive at Detroit Metro Wayne airport and 12noon and my next flight is 1:45. My question is, I have a checked luggage to bring, do I have to go get it at the baggage claim when I land to Detroit and checked in again at the gate..or my connecting flight takes care of the bag.. do you think an hour and 45 mins is ok to get this all done, without missing my next flight?
Other - Destinations - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Follow everybody else,take note of who is on the same flight as you.Maybe you can ask sombody and make new friends on your journey :)
2 :
The airline will take care of transferring your checked luggage to your connecting flight. Just just need to worry about getting to your flight on time. It shouldn't be a huge issue, You seem to have time to spare. I flew into Detroit last spring (nice airport BTW, check out the color changing tunnel between concourses if you can.), my connection was about 2 hours. I went to my gate so I knew where to go when it was time to board, then I walked around and stopped and had dinner. After getting off your plane, go directly to the gate your connection is leaving from, so you are sure where it is. If all else fails, grab a skycap, they should be able to direct you to where you need to be.

Search News