Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Can I find a flight on-line with ANY site without having to enter a specific arr./dept. date

Can I find a flight on-line with ANY site without having to enter a specific arr./dept. date?
I want to fly to Vegas from Raleigh, NC and I'm not limited by my schedule and I just want to see when in the upcoming year it would be the cheapest to fly and come back, how can I do this?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, usually, airlines have a small box that you can check while typing in the flight information. The box will probably say "My dates are flexible"
2 :
since we have no way to know what the price of oil will do, it's probably not real helpful to guess at prices. i know they used to sell "open" tickets, but they were quite expensive. they probably still do, although likely not online. you'd have to talk to an agent. and if you did, you'd be wasting money. edit: flexible dates are used to get you a cheaper flight, on a date within a day or 2 of the one you selected. they're not going to apply to what you want. in addition, i think they only book 3 months or so ahead. the return can be more, but not the first leg.
3 :
This site can help you predict airfare a bit, but it's based around a set of dates that you provide. http://farecast.live.com/ I will often just search various dates when I know I'm free to travel and see when the flights are cheapest. Most travel sites will let you search about a year in advance or so.
4 :
http://skyscanner.net lets you do that

Search News