Monday, February 1, 2010

Raleigh NC Airport Question

Raleigh NC Airport Question?
Hi! My mom is going to fly alone to Raleigh NC airport.. It is only 1 hour flight from her starting point and I am going to pick her up at the airport. My mom is in her 80's and I am just wondering if anyone has been to this airport and if I will be able to be there at the gate when she gets off the plane. I do not want her to get lost and she will not have any baggage... so as I ramble.. my question is when her flight arrives... will I be able to see her or does she have to go through baggage or such? Thank you!
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There ARE special circumstances which will allow you to go to the gate. Your best bet is to go to the airport, and go to the ticket counter. Ask if you can get a pass to go through security and meet your mom at the gate. It might also help if you or she contacts the airline's reservation office and asks that this request be put into your mom's reservation record. They don't HAVE to let you do this, but they CAN, and if they give you a pass, you'll have to go through security and go through their scrutinies, but it CAN be done. Good luck.
2 :
just have her ask for a wheelchair and the skycaps will help her from the gate to outside security where she can meet up with you.

Search News