Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do you think it would be more expensive to fly or drive to Atlanta from Raleigh

Do you think it would be more expensive to fly or drive to Atlanta from Raleigh?
Im going to a wedding soon, and it's in Atlanta but I live in Raleigh, NC. About a 7 hour drive, and it's a direct route but still a long way. A round trip flight (nonstop) on Delta came to a total of $211. What do you think? Including gas and food, would a drive to Atlanta from Raleigh be about that much?
Other - United States - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
lets see 7 hours so, maybe 350 miles or so 30 cents a mile or so including wear and tear on the car About the same, either way you still have to eat either way maybe food on the road is better, I would drive, no loss of control waiting in the airport, etc, In a car you can stop whenever you want to.
2 :
save your cash, see more of the country and drive.
3 :
...and you won't have to rent a car or have someone drive you around.
4 :
I'd be almost exactly the same. I'd fly because of the convenience. I've also made that drive more times than I can count....so I speak from experience.
5 :
Flying Is Safer Anyway,+ U Get To Spend More Time With Ur Friend
6 :
It is pretty much a toss up and right now with the gas prices down, probably a little cheaper to fly. I just made a trip from Savannah to N.Y.C. and averaged 19 mpg and spent 242.00 on gas. The round trip ticket would have cost me 246.00 so it was a real toss up for me. Yeah I put extra miles on my truck, but I needed the tools of my trade and was unable to cary them on the plane. Guess it depends on how much you like to drive.
7 :
Take a grey hound and get a rental or have family and friends drive you around when you get there. Or taxi. grey Hound $90 roundtrip with 7 day advance get there in 8 hours or 10 hours depends which time you leave. Less wear and tear on your car and you dont have to drive. Youll meet some crazy folk though.
8 :
It's not really that far of a trip, and its all I-85. You could definitely drive cheaper, and avoiding the hassle of both airports (especially Atlanta) would be worth quite a bit to me.

Search News